Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Little Piece of Paradise



It's official: the MCAT is over! The past few months have been full of exhaustion, long hours logged in the library, and turning down more than a few social invites. There is no doubt in my mind I wouldn't have made it without my wonderful family and friends cheering me along the way. They certainly gave me the strength to get through what I felt was the biggest test of mental and physical endurance thus far in my short life.

My daily life has changed drastically since I took the test this past Saturday. It went from waking up at 6 am to cram in some studying before a full day of classes to leisurely having my morning coffee, ambling to the gym, and taking an afternoon nap. Relaxing has never felt so good. I have to admit however, I didn't exactly remember how to "do nothing" and my first attempts at relaxation were slightly anxiety provoking!

Conquering this test has made me feel as if I can tackle anything that life throws at me down the road. Following graduation in June I will be heading to Honduras for my second medical brigades trip and then it's back to Michigan where I will spend a year doing clinical research at the University of Michigan.

My biggest challenge in the coming weeks will be soaking up the California sun and enjoying my last months at UCSB. Vegas and Mexico trips have already been booked so you can see I am making up for lost time!

I will send some of the Santa Barbara sunshine to all of you suffering from the long midwestern winter and for everyone else enjoy a few extra rays on me.

And yes, that is the view from my balcony. My parents thought they were paying tuition but it's more like resort dues.

All my love,

Marika

No comments:

Post a Comment