Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Happy 86th Birthday!




My oh my! I see I stopped posting to this blog site in 2012. So much has happened since then. We'll catch up as we go along but today is ... well ... just about today.

To start with, it's my mom's 86th birthday today. Hence the photo! Happy Birthday, Mom!

And secondly, I'm in Boston this week helping Adam take care of 2-1/2 year old Asher while Laura (7-month pregnant with Baby Girl Raff) is in Vancouver at her company retreat. So far, so good.

Except that I let Asher watch a video of Winnie the Pooh on my iPhone yesterday, trying to buy some time entertaining him while I prepared dinner, and when it was time to eat, Asher wasn't having any of it!

"No, Grandma," he told me with determined eyebrow-scrunching, "I am NOT going to eat dinner now. I'm watching a video." (Cue up: pouting, crying, stomping of feet, scowling face)

So I have learned my lesson. No more iPhone videos for this guy for the near future.

Yesterday I bought a "4momsmamaroo" infant swing at Buy Buy Baby that the Babocush will attach to and will "provide hours and hours of tummy-down time to help with baby gas and flat head syndrome." (At least that's the marketing gimmick they're going with.)

The infant swing connects to Bluetooth to play any music you like to come out of the embedded speakers, and its programmable motion features allow it to rock back and forth, swing side to side, or mimic the natural rhythm of a mother swaying and shifting her weight from side-to-side walking or standing in place that seems to soothe all babies.

Closing with my usual Haiku ...

A trip to Boston
comes with a special delight 
more time with Asher.

No comments:

Post a Comment