Sunday, October 25, 2009

Not in Nigeria!

No. I'm not in Nigeria. Or in London. I'm in our own Michigan backyard today surrounded by our two happy girls, Haley and Jamie.

If you're wondering about the mystery title of this blog entry, many of you (unfortunately!) will not need to ask. My email account was hacked into yesterday and a scam email was sent out under my name to everyone in my online address book.

I spent yesterday resolving the issue by resetting passwords and cancelling credit cards, locking down online bank accounts and contacting Experian, Equifax and Transunion -- all of whom have put a 90-day fraud alert on our accounts.

I can only say I'm sorry if any of you "cashed in your life savings (!)" to "send $2500" to the scammer who perpetrated this sleezy hoax. From what I have been able to discern, your computers and email are not at risk having received this erroneous and unintended email from me.

If you're counting, Gil is post-transplant Day 24 and today is his third day home from the hospital.

We're not yet ready to venture out into public or prime time yet since his counts are still coming up, and he is most prone to infection during this time. He is keeping close to home, venturing out for short walks to the mailbox and a daily drive through the park nearby.


No comments:

Post a Comment