Thursday, August 24, 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017


The day of the total solar eclipse arrived -- August 21, 2017 -- and we were prepared. I had ordered our glasses the week before and the promised delivery date was Sunday, August 20. I had to cross my fingers that the delivery would occur on time.

It was spectacular. It was fabulous! I kept saying over and over again: "This is amazing!"

Genie, Gil and I sat out on the front porch for two hours glancing up at the sky as the daylight dimmed and the shadows remained strong. The shadows appeared as little half-moon shapes wherever a shadow showed up.

Michigan was not on the path of totality (100%) but we were expected to see the eclipse at 80% from our location. And we did.

It was the chance of a lifetime! I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment